Welcome to the summer 2017 online open house for the Oregon Public Transportation Plan (OPTP)!
We need your input to ensure that the new OPTP reflects the public transportation needs and desires of the state as a whole. We want to hear from you!
The OPTP process began with researching existing conditions and determining key opportunities and challenges facing public transportation today and into the future. Your feedback from last fall was crucial in helping the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) develop a vision, goals, and now draft policies and strategies for the future of public transportation in Oregon. Now, the team needs your input on the draft policies and strategies – these work together to shape planning, investment decisions, transportation project design and construction, and operations and maintenance of the public transportation system statewide.
Please take a few minutes to review the presentation below and complete the Online Survey to let us know what you think! The survey will be available until August 31, 2017. Please sign up here to receive email updates about the project and visit the main project website for further information about the OPTP.
The OPTP will include policies and strategies for each of the ten goals listed below. Each goal has about 2 to 5 policies and 3 to 6 strategies per policy. The survey is organized into parts by goal area, and will ask you for your reactions to policy and strategy groups. After each group, click on one of the response options to see the next policy and strategies. You can complete a mini-survey for each of the ten goals, or just those that you care most about. Please start with Tell Us About Yourself, and then you can choose the goals that you would like to provide input on. The mini-survey for each goal area will probably take about 5 minutes to complete. If you like, you can come back later to complete the mini-survey for other goal areas.
If you would like more information, or to review the goals and policies before you start the survey, visit the OPTP website here: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Planning/Pages/OPTP.aspx
Please tell us a bit more about yourself before taking the survey.
Now, please click on each button below to review the policies and strategies for that goal. We’ve listed a few of the subjects covered under each goal area to help you choose which you would like to review.
- Consistent and reliable service
- Rider information
- Public transportation priority corridors
- Supporting existing and new service
- Multimodal connections to public transportation
- Intercity public transportation
- Employer and institutional public transportation opportunities
- Public transportation to education and employment
- Supporting tourism
- Engaging transportation disadvantaged communities
- Identifying, communicating, and addressing disparities and barriers
- Including equity considerations in decision-making
- Public transportation to community services, social activities
- Health considerations in transportation decision-making
- Connections to health and social services
- Safe facilities and access
- Safety education, training, outreach
- New technologies to improve safety, security
- Roles in emergency response, preparedness
- Addressing greenhouse gases and other pollutants
- Sustainable operations
- New vehicle technology
- Integrating public transportation in planning
- Public transportation and growth, development
- System preservation and enhancement
- Creative investments and partnerships
- Stable and consistent funding
- Outreach and information coordination
- Partnering to share resources, services, data
- Interagency collaboration